Filed under Uncategorized

Hiker Identity Crisis and Resignation

Hiker Identity Crisis and Resignation

It was over before it began. Almost. To be accurate, it was over six hours after it began. On the bright side, I’ve hiked 1% of the Mountain-to-Sea Trail. On the indifferent side, there is a high likelihood that I will never hike the other 99%. On Sunday, my mom drove me two hours down … Continue reading

Newest adventure awaits: The Mountain-to-Sea Trail

Newest adventure awaits: The Mountain-to-Sea Trail

Mountain-to-Sea Trail: a simple footpath stretching almost 1,000 miles across North Carolina from Clingmans Dome in the Great Smoky Mountains to Jockey’s Ridge on the Outer Banks. Hear ye, hear ye. I’ve decided to finally get off my lazy butt and do something physical again. In case you’ve never read my dribble before, hi! In … Continue reading

I love hate Pennsylvania

I love hate Pennsylvania

I know that “hate” is a really strong word, but please take the title of the post in context. In my past two weeks in Pennsylvania I’ve experienced some of my highest highs and lowest lows on the trail to date. I’ve had moments where I felt in the groove – “on” – bounding from … Continue reading

Back to reality. I’m exhausted.

Back to reality. I’m exhausted.

I know my last post was pretty scattered. Damascus was the first trail town I hit in which I didn’t actually Zero. Instead, I hiked ten miles in one day and another 12 miles or so out the next day. Consequently, I didn’t have much time to write a post, nonetheless to proof read. Please … Continue reading

Beeeeeeeeep!

Beeeeeeeeep!

I cannot come to the blog right now, but if you’ll leave a message, I will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, please enjoy these songs from Animaniacs, a cartoon show from the late ’80s/early ’90s. They’re nerdy, educational, and awesome(!!). They will definitely be hummed up and down the Appalachian Trail for … Continue reading